Monday, January 16, 2017

Daily Reads - 1/16/17


How Martin Luther King, Jr Overcame 'Christian' White Supremacy
Written by Russell Moore, this article is full of conviction on MLK Day.

4 Questions to Ask When Looking for a Church
I'm afraid that some people don't consider these questions as intently as they ought. I might add another one that appropriately questions my own motives: "Will I serve others at this church?"

12 Reasons I Love My "Small" Church
I love to see this perspective in God's people: "I am so thankful to the Lord for my (church)."

A Pastor's Letter To His Young Self: Why Community Isn't Enough
A good reminder that a friendship community is not the same as a church community.

More than Hashtags: Fight for Human Dignity
Even as we hear more and more news of murder, war, genocide, and refugees camps, here are some simple steps to get you thinking about what you can do.

Reading King's Letter From Birmingham Jail
Justin Taylor provides some good background and commentary on a highly influential letter written by Martin Luther King, Jr.

A Prayer for MLK Day
The pastoral prayer that Kevin DeYoung gave yesterday at University Reformed Church.

Being Sensitive in Sharing Scripture with the Suffering
When is it appropriate to use Romans 8:28 when trying to comfort someone going through a difficult time?

No comments:

Post a Comment